The Telescope documentation does not seem complete. There are several hoops, troubleshooting, and errors one might experience getting Telescope up and running in a production environment. Here’s a handful of things you might want to do or check if you run into any problems.
- Run $ php artisan config:cache
- Remove Authorize::class from config/telescope middleware section
- Make sure you’re using the correct middleware (default: web)
- Manually include TelescopeServiceProvider in config/app (this issue seems common)
- Make sure you don’t have “laravel/telescope” under the don’t discover section of your composer.json file
- (Heroku) Make sure you install the php extension bcmath through composer
- If entries aren’t being recorded check the register method of your TelescopeServiceProvider
I personally experienced a database error when running $ php artian telescope:install. I copied the migration file “xxx_create_telescope_entries_table” from “vendor/laravel/telescope” and ran the migration before running telescope:install again. And that worked. This is for Laravel 6.2 and Telescope 2.1.